Please remember: the only revolution
in the new millennium is the one of
the Earth around its axis -
no flying cars, no smudgeless make-up.
And it will still be the same old drag
every morning when you get out of bed.
Come on, let's party like it's 1974.
ello and welcome to Filed: 1974
. Thanks for 'surfing' in. Most of these pages contain my thoughts & things, which, to make your life that
bit easier have been divided into 2 (two) main parts
What's New. Last Update: 28 December 2001.
- 28/12/01: Made numerous small changes throughout the site.
- 1/12/01: Enigma reviewed in My Bookcase.
- 1/12/01: As a special George Harrison tribute: the chords & lyrics to Horse to the Water !
- 23/11/01: The complete chords to Paul's new album, Driving Rain in the Paul McCartney Guitar Chord Archive.
- 01/11/01: Planet of the Apes and The Dilbert Principle, reviewed.
- 22/10/01: The new Paul McCartney single, Freedom, can be found here. For free.
- 07/10/01: Bodily Harm, one of Atwood's older novels, reviewed.
- 05/10/01: Second Foundation. Reviewed. Also: a new bedside reading.
- 22/09/01: Cryptonomicon. Not the mathemetical tome on cryptanalysis, but Neal Stephenson's latest novel.
- 26/08/01: Foundation and Empire, Asimov's second in the Foundation series, reviewed.
- 11/08/01: [A little later] When I keep a promise, I sure do keep a promise: as promised a half-baked review of a book I half-finished: Rudyard kipling's Kim.
- 11/08/01: Oh dear! It's been quite a long while since the last update, so just to show this site isn't dead, a complete non-update which promises more updates coming soon. A review of Rudyard Kipling's Kim is forthcoming, although I didn't finish the book, and after that a long, long silence as I'll be reading Neal Stephenson's epic book Cryptonomicon which is as big as a leather bound volume of the Encyclopaedia Britannica. Patience then. On top of all that we're workin on complete discographies of Paul McCartney and John Lennon. Oh, and my job is starting to get waaaay too busy.
- 15/07/01: Two new reviews: Harry Mulisch's De Procedure and Jeffrey Deaver's The Bone Collector.
- 01/07/01: Yet another review in My Bookcase, now we have J.G.Ballard's Crash.
The Main Sections:
The Creative Process
, divided into:
Who is Maurice?
- The Writing Desk contains short stories and essays, written by me. Some are in Dutch, but most are in English.
- Upstaged! harbours just 2 plays I wrote on rainy days, and one play in Dutch.
- Sebastian Faught is a large collection of poems which I have written over the past years.
- Mutant Goldfish! Or is that golfdish?
- To Be Filled In. The web comic made by me.
- The Millennium. Thoughts and things, to be precise. Rants, you may call them. Raves, maybe.
which is divided into:
- All About Me, which is the page of the ultimate self-glorification! No-one is interested, but I love it! Pay special attention to the photo gallery and the phenomenal picture of the real life Mr Burns and Waylon Smithers. Amazing!
- FUNEST, the Free UNiversity English Speaking Theatre in which I played a part a long, long time ago. It's focused on Neil Simon's The Odd Couple.
- My Bookcase, the page of book recommendations, or not, depending on what I thought of the book. Usually updated twice a month, though it can take a long time between updates when I'm working. Or when I bought a new iBook.
- Whose Links?, which is the page of a thousand links to my influences and other pages on the web. The page probably gets updated once every decade, so expect one or two broken links, if they haven't been spotted yet by Roy Bryant's bot at www.seventwentyfour.com.
- Question Time! where you can have your most unfrequently asked questions answered (and have a laugh). And yes, you can ask your own questions. And yes, your questions won't be answered by a chatbot. Unless you think I am a chatbot, in which case your question has been answered by a chatbot. If this happens, you can always question the answer.
- John Lennon Guitar Chord Archive, a chords archive which records those Lennon chords other pages just can't reach. Maintained by Jeroen, this is by far the most popular page on the web. Honestly, who would be interested in me when you've got John Lennon? Funnily enough, this page is about five times as popular as:
- Paul McCartney Guitar Chord Archive, a chords archive which records those McCartney chords other pages just can't reach. Als maintained by Jeroen.
So, now that you know this you can sign The Guestbook
. I wish you a lot of fun. And remember: KNIT YOUR OWN STUFF!!
Don't nick mine! (I'm on to you!)
These pages were redesigned for Macintosh browsers. These pages are bearable in OmniWeb, iCab,Opera, Mozilla, Netscape 6 and Internet Explorer for the Macintosh. Windows users... well, most of you use IE or AOL anyway so you'll accept any old crap. Linux users: you should have no problems with Opera, Mozilla, Netscape or even Lynx.And please do yourself a huge favor and get a good quality portable iphone charger
I guarantee you wont be sorry.
This site was rated: